In the case of driverless vehicles, the test operation requires additional security in the form of a redundancy for brake actuation. Our emergency brake actuator offers a safe variant with the
highest level of reliability. As soon as a communication fault occurs, the pneumatic cylinder is actuated from a monitored pressure accumulator via a de-energized opening valve.
The brake pedal is thus pushed down, and the vehicle is braked using ABS braking.
The installation takes less than 3 minutes and does not require any changes to the vehicle. Even when installed, it does not interfere with manual vehicle operation by the driver.
- Pneumatically operated emergency brake actuator
- Shortest set-up times (2-3 minutes)
- Installation in the driver's foot area
- Stable and secure attachment to the seat rail of the vehicle using a patented seat rail adapter (already versatile in use for attaching autopilots, actuators, laptop stands, sensors, etc.)
- The foot of the actuator lays on the vehicle pedal
- The design enables the vehicle to be operated safely by a driver with the system installed and deactivated (= vented)
- Various actuation forces can be constructively implemented, e.g. 300 N (for ABS braking)
- Pressure accumulator with pressure sensor and separate compressor for filling
- The volume of the pressure accumulator allows multiple releases and subsequent travel continuation without manual intervention.